School Counseling Department » Financial Aid

Financial Aid

There are multiple types of financial aid available to students attending accredited programs.  The most common types of financial aid include grants, loans, work-study and scholarships.  The resources provided below are intended to offer guidance in financing your child’s education.
HESAA, the Higher Education Student Assistance Authority, is the only New Jersey state agency with the sole mission of providing students and families with financial and informational resources for students to pursue their education beyond high school.
The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is a form that can be prepared annually by current and prospective college students in the United States to determine their eligibility for student financial aid.
CSS Profile
The CSS Profile is an online application that collects information used by nearly 400 colleges and scholarship programs to award non-federal aid. (For federal aid you must complete the FAFSA, available Oct. 1 at Some colleges may require the CSS Profile from both biological/adoptive parents in cases of divorce or separation.
View our Guide to Scholarships presentation.
Fastweb is an online resource that offers scholarships for every type of student from the high school freshmen to the returning adult.
*Local Scholarships are announced in the Spring -- Applications are available through School Counseling
NJ Stars
NJ STARS is a scholarship program exclusively for New Jersey residents that covers the cost of tuition at New Jersey's 19 community colleges.  Students who rank in the top 15 percent of their high school class at the end of either junior or senior year may be eligible.
Federal Work-Study provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student’s course of study.
Here’s a quick overview of Federal Work-Study:
  • It provides part-time employment while you are enrolled in school.
  • It’s available to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students with financial need.
  • It’s available to full-time or part-time students.
  • It’s administered by schools participating in the Federal Work-Study Program. Check with your school's financial aid office to find out if your school participates.