Spotswood High School Nurse's Corner
Welcome to the SHS NURSE'S Corner
My name is Bonnie Francione and I am writing to introduce myself as the new school nurse at Spotswood High School.
A little about me: I am married, have two grown boys and too many pets (dogs, cats, parrot and rabbit). I am a registered nurse with my bachelor’s degree from Stonybrook University. I have been a school nurse for the past 17 years and transferred here from South River High School. Prior to working as a school nurse, I worked with the developmentally disabled population and worked in the hospital setting as well. I am very excited to join Spotswood High School and look forward to working with the students and families here. I want to assure you that your children’s health and safety is my top priority.
Please feel free to contact me with any concerns you may have at [email protected] or call the office at 732-723-2200 ext 1060.
- If your child has life threatening allergies please complete and have a physician sign the Allergy Treatment Form. Please indicate with your signature whether or not the student can self-administer epinephrine.
- If your child has Asthma please complete and have a physician sign the Asthma Treatment Plan, even if your student self-carries and administers medication. If your child should need to use an inhaler in school aside from prior to physical activity, please have them come to the nurse for evaluation either before or after administering the medication.
- If your child has a need for any medication while in school, please have the physician complete the Medication Administration form. No medication can be administered in school without a doctor's order, not even over-the-counter medications like Advil or Tylenol.
- If your child has diabetes please complete and have a physician sign the Diabetes Medical Management Form.
- If your child has a seizure disorder please complete and have a physician sign the Seizure Action Plan. Please also complete the Seizure Parent Questionnaire.